Something that really stuck with me was something someone said on our bucket list discussion board. They advised that I should get my boys into scouting and work with them and have them achieve Eagle Scout status. And that his sons have even commented how they were glad that their parents made them stick with it. My brothers were into scouting only because my parents forced it on them, so to me from that view point, it didn't seem like something to grand. But now that I have children of my own, I can see the importance of it. I will take this classmates advice and get my sons in scouts when they are old enough.
I think that he was able to achieve his dreams because he remembered them often and was always working to try and get them one way or another.
One of my childhood dreams was to play on the US Women's soccer team. I don't think that I will be able to achieve this goal anymore as I have past my 'prime'. Also with kids of my own, my goals and dreams have changed and are now more centered around them and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment